is this suitable for underground use

Sponsored Links
Metal conduit ?
It is a cold pour epoxy resin which sets solid and makes a permanent waterproof joint, however isn't really suitable for a conduit. Can you replace the length of conduit?

Sponsored Links
is this conduit metal or plastic?
is the wiring mains or ELV?
has the wiring been done as a proper conduit job allowing new cable to be pulled through

I'm guessing that replacing the whole conduit would be a major pain as it is probablly burried.

Maybe, but if the conduit is badly damaged then may be the best course of action :(

any conduit of nontrivial length will have joints in it anway, I don't see how a couple more would be a major problem.

I suppose you could try putting a running joint and a short length of conduit in, will mean pulling the cables out whilst that is done and fishing wires through again after which if a long length might not be that easy.
Metal conduit isn't that easy to work with without the correct tools i.e. stock + die and pipe vice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back