Is this the going rate for pro-tiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just had a pro-tiler lay some tiles for me (the large kitchen type tiles) because the last time I laid tiles it all went wrong!! (pre-diynot.com days!)

He's charged me £125 to tile a 2.2m x 2.2m concrete floor. Is that reasonable or a bit pricey? He started at 0800, had half hours lunch, then left at 1500 for an hour then came back at 1600 to do the grout. I have got no idea of the going rate. A lovelly chap - will use again and the floor looks great - I was just wondering if I have paid a lot for the work though.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think you did alright at £125.00. As you said, the last time YOU laid tiles, it all went wrong. :cry:.. 8 hrs work overall, just over £15.00 per hour, I think he is charging too little for a pro tiler. :confused: It also pays to ask in advance what the cost of the job is likely to be.

Roughcaster.

decent price, £25 a square meter, but i would personally never grout on the same day of laying the tiles.

Sponsored Links
I would have charged a bit more than that,did he include adhesive and grout in the cost?

Thanks guys - I'm glad to hear that was a good deal.

No - the tiles and grout were not included - it was a 'laying the tiles' price only. I bought the tiles and grout myself.

Cheers all

Ted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back