Is this the way a worcester bosch boiler 34cdi operates ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

We just had a WB 34 cdi boiler installed about 3 months ago, I have it on a timed schedule where it comes on at a specific time of the day etc.

So in the mornings, it starts at 7AM and comes off at 8:30AM. The house is poorly insulated and it becomes really really cold, especially in the mornings. I took the temperature of the radiators just before it kicks off at 7, and its equating to 17 degs, what I noticed is that when the boiler fires off, it works for about 15 minutes. Then the green flame light goes off, comes on again after about 10 minutes.

It carries on in this fashion for the first 45 minutes, and after 45 minutes the boiler stays on throughout, as i can hear the pump. The consequences for us is that, in the mornings the house is very cold, as it takes an hour before the temperature rises by a degree or two, I am concerned about the stop-start behaviour even when there is no hot water demand.

I called a WB engineer who checked on the boiler before, and he couldnt give me a straight answer as to whether this was normal or not. All he said is that, the boiler flame is on, which means its working.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
It should just fire up and stay lit, if it isn't doing then there is most likely a problem with your system rather than the boiler

You don't say whether the radiators are all getting nice and hot and staying that way.

If they are fairly quickly heating up then you might reasonably expect the boiler to begin cycling on and off after a while.

If they aren't getting hot and the boiler is somehow going off completely (not just cycling) even when the room thermostat is still asking for heat that's another matter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back