Is this type of uPVC door hinge adjustable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,
Anybody recognise the type of uPVC door hinge as shown? (see album picture - uPVC Door Hinges)
Each hinge has a single pin held in place by a security grub screw, the pin has a smooth head.
The door has dropped slightly so that its no longer possible to engage the deadbolts. What I want to know is there any adjustments possible with this type of (very old) hinge.
I know I can loosen the grub screw and knock the pin out but are the white nylon bushes adjustable - they all seem to have screwdriver slots or is that me being optimistic?
I've got experience of hinge pins which are eccentric (or cranked) with a hex head but not this type.

Sponsored Links
No adjustments on these.

Has it dropped on the handle side? If so it needs heal and toeing.

If it has dropped on the hinge side by how much?
If its just a couple of mm the plastic mushroom washers have probably warn a bit, You could swap all the top and bottom ones over or try and squeeze a washer in there.

Thanks Gazman16. Bummer, guessed they weren't adjustable but thought I'd ask anyway.

Door has dropped by a fraction on the handle side. When I was inspecting the door I gently lifted it up (no more than 2 mm of movement, max) and had a look at the grub screws.

When I closed the door it cleared the bottom sill, no problems at all - result! Now all I need to worry about is the deadbolts. It looks like its the 2 deadbolts positioned top and bottom which foul on the door keeps.

I'd say both bolts try to engage slap bang in the middle of their respective keeps. So it could possibly be that the door isn't being pulled tight against its frame when the handle is pulled upwards. Won't know for certain until the weekend as everything has been packed away.

Sponsored Links
If its the handle side heal and toeing it quite simple.
Take the beads out open the door slightly and lift it by the door handle and squeeze an extra packer in at the top on the handle side (there should already be some there).

Try a 2mm packer then close the door and try the locks.
Assuming you don't have any packers handy you can cut one out of an old dvd case, Cut a strip about 100mm long by 28mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back