External door hinge adjustment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help needed please.

Our back door won't latch or lock unless you lift it at the same time.

Is there a way of lifting the door on these hinges? I've searched the forum but can't find any hinges that look like these.

There are four hinges each with a grub screw on the hinge pin, but nothing I can see which would adjust it.

Attachments

• 20160606_214746.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 132
Sponsored Links
Those are butt hinges and there is no up/down adjustment.
Your door most likely has dropped on the handle side and will need "toe and heal" packing. Have a google.

Those are butt hinges and there is no up/down adjustment.
Your door most likely has dropped on the handle side and will need "toe and heal" packing. Have a google.

Thanks for the advice. Not what I was hoping to hear, that looks like it will be behind my diy skills.

Sponsored Links
Its not hard basically remove the glass beads (have a google for some vids or post some pics as there are lots of different types).
Get someone to lift the door on the handle side and slide an extra packer (probably 3-4mm) between the glass and frame at the top on the handle side.
Put the beads back in and job done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back