ISAR 24 Boiler error

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My boiler has been flashing L9 then when I reset it it flashes 0 and then three horizontal bars. I cannot find this in the book. Does anyone know what it could be please? Neither CH or HW is working. It was intermittent but now cannot get it to work at all. Thanks. Sue.

Sponsored Links
If you're lucky it is just the pump, or the system needs pressurizing.

Otherwise you need an RGI to come and have a look at the POS.

Could also be blocked heat exchanger, duff sensors, stuck diverter valve, duff boiler.

Well, the last one is a given, but....

Either way the boiler has over heated big time.

Make sure at least one rad is turned full on as well.

Thanks for the prompt reply. System pressurised and rads on. Found info about how to look at pump in another posting so going to try that now. Sue.

Pump is Ok. Not sure how to check for the other faults you mentioned so if you can point me in the right direction I would be grateful. I can occasionally get CH on for a few hours but then boiler makes a grunting noise before it give up and sarts flashing again. Would like to try some other fixes before I give up. Sue.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back