isar HE30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
am wondering IF anyone can tell me how to check the pre heat plate warmer? I have had the bolier now for 3yrs. Just lately i have noticed that it has Stopped firing up when no hot water/heating is required? It usually fired up intermitenly to pre heat the water?
Any ideas?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Are you sat next to the boiler 24 hours a day?

Are you sure it hasn't fired whilst you were away from the boiler?

Do the radiators get hot? does your hot water get hot?

What's the problem?

NO! am not sat next to it 24hrs a day! but being retired i am at home all the time.
As i said earlier the bolier is not lighting up as it used to do? The water now takes it's time in getting Hot whereas before it came through hot nearly instantly? Whilst having a shower the other day, my wife told me the water went freezing?

Does it ever come up with any fault codes?

The symptoms sound like its either misfiring, due to warped ignition electrodes or your experiencing initial stages of thermistor faults...

Does it ever sound loud when it lights up? like a loud 'bang' or rolf harris style 'wa-woomp'?

I'd recommend calling in an engineer TBH there's a good chance they'll replace a couple of things during a routine service and actually sort the problem out.

Sponsored Links
No Noises --n othing? It shows the usual 0 when not firing then the d etc. but according to the manual it should prefire when i depress the reset button? It does'nt?
I was thinking it might be the switch for the pre ignition?

Turn the power off at the fused spur....

Wait about 10 minutes, make a brew or something

Then go back and turn it on... Does the boiler fire up for a moment?

Yes i tried that a couple of times y/day & yes it does fire up momentarily? However the reset button has no effect at all?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back