Isn't it time that the people of this country said ENOUGH.

There may or may not be a god.

I find it incredulous that such an entity would feel it beneficial or of high importance for our wellbeing to insist that we need to squat down facing one direction with one foot raised in order for us to deficate, and then to insist that a particular hand is used to wipe our ar$e with.

Sadly, it is the nature of our "professional" religious leaders to give those that believe such worthwhile advice in the interest of eternal salvation :confused:

Sponsored Links
What do you mean Opps the sabbath was moved to a Sunday? Hasn't it always been a Sunday??
Although I'm an atheist now, I was brought up a Catholic and am not aware of this change. Do you mean it used to be on a Wednesday as that's when the 'half day closing' of shops used to be :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The sabbath is taken from the old testament and thus should be Saturday.

My wider point was the inherent danger in basing your ideology on a single works of book and the habit of branches to tweak the interpretations to suit themselves. And the ignoring of whole chunks that make no kind of sense what so ever.

eg elisha and two bears-2nd book of kings. what kinda of rational person/deity kills 42 kids just because they called someone baldy???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8aKfA0l4u8

I guess they didn't have the budget for 42 kids

What do you mean Opps the sabbath was moved to a Sunday? Hasn't it always been a Sunday??
Although I'm an atheist now, I was brought up a Catholic and am not aware of this change. Do you mean it used to be on a Wednesday as that's when the 'half day closing' of shops used to be :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Indeed it seems that the Christian Sabbath has always been on Sunday. See here

Alternatively look at this book- not written by an Amercian Christian.

Ten Commandments Twice Removed

Jesus was crucified on a Friday and rose on a Sunday. He rested on the Sabbath, the seventh day of the week, Saturday. Mary and Martha came to the tomb on a Sunday morning ( the first day of the week), after the Sabbath. God never changed the day. He didn't say keep "a" Sabbath holy. He said keep "the" Sabbath holy, which is "the" seventh day of the week" which most people in the world see as Saturday.

But hey, Jesus was born in December, err... when the shepherds were watching over their flocks. Noah was over 600 years old, heaven is two thirds the size of the USA and will only let 144,000 in.... need I go on???

Sponsored Links

I find it incredulous that such an entity would feel it beneficial or of high importance for our wellbeing to insist that we need to squat down facing one direction with one foot raised in order for us to deficate, and then to insist that a particular hand is used to wipe our ar$e with.

Sadly, it is the nature of our "professional" religious leaders to give those that believe such worthwhile advice in the interest of eternal salvation :confused:

I have never understood why any deity is so insecure that he/she/it needs it's followers to worship it in the first palce.

Indeed it seems that the Christian Sabbath has always been on Sunday. See here

Alternatively look at this book- not written by an Amercian Christian.

Ten Commandments Twice Removed

Jesus was crucified on a Friday and rose on a Sunday. He rested on the Sabbath, the seventh day of the week, Saturday. Mary and Martha came to the tomb on a Sunday morning ( the first day of the week), after the Sabbath. God never changed the day. He didn't say keep "a" Sabbath holy. He said keep "the" Sabbath holy, which is "the" seventh day of the week" which most people in the world see as Saturday.

But hey, Jesus was born in December, err... when the shepherds were watching over their flocks. Noah was over 600 years old, heaven is two thirds the size of the USA and will only let 144,000 in.... need I go on???
No please don't opps, I already have no clue WTF you're on about :rolleyes:

I have never understood why any deity is so insecure that he/she/it needs it's followers to worship it in the first palce.
Nor indeed why it needs huge big mother-effers of buildings to pray in.

I remember the story of some saint or another visiting a new church/cathedral being erected a long long time ago. He was asked about how wonderful it all was, to which he replied something along to lines of "you may see gold and beauty whereas all I can see is the broken naked body of a starving child scrabbling in the dirt outside looking for food". Guess that's why he was beatified, and the papalcy is currently as it is :rolleyes:

Probably a complete misquote, but you get the gist.

I thought that Westfields was the largest temple in London?!?!?

Deitys don't need or indeed know or even care about temples/churches, or any worshippers... a large number of humans are indoctrinated into fulfilling one of all our fears with the existence of a higher power... a raison d'etre... and then as you do to something more powerful than you, worship it...

Deitys don't need or indeed know or even care about temples/churches, or any worshippers... a large number of humans are indoctrinated into fulfilling one of all our fears with the existence of a higher power... a raison d'etre... and then as you do to something more powerful than you, worship it...
By all means worship it if that's what you believe. The problems arise when some humans claim to be a mouthpiece for this deity.

What is even more troublesome is the fact that this deity (which the general understanding is singular in nature) seems to say different things to different people :rolleyes:

By all means worship it if that's what you believe. The problems arise when some humans claim to be a mouthpiece for this deity.

What is even more troublesome is the fact that this deity (which the general understanding is singular in nature) seems to say different things to different people :rolleyes:

I must've not explained myself fully Dane... there are no deitys as described and worshiped. No greater powers "that care". People worship out of fear...

I must've not explained myself fully Dane... there are no deitys as described and worshiped. No greater powers "that care". People worship out of fear...

Then again, what about pratchett's "small gods"- they disappear if no one worships them

like i said, indoctrination and fear!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back