RNLI buys burkinis for Africans

They are not doing that, are they?

Stop arguing about it, then.

I am not arguing, just pointing out that we don't know why they did something, or even if they did, so why attack them for it?

Sponsored Links
"RNLI donations surge after Tory criticism of its work overseas

Rise follows lifeboat charity’s robust response to critics of its support for projects outside UK"

Hooray!

Great to see the people who care about human life outweigh those who dislike foreigners and Muslims.

The Wail must be gutted.

"The charity said two per cent of its income went on overseas projects and this did not have an impact on its domestic rescue services. Its Panje Project in Tanzania sends trainers to teach swimming in areas where drowning rates are high."

Very fine work.

RNLI donations surge after Tory criticism of its work overseas
Lets hope their donations rise up enough to cover their shortfall.

the amount of money spaffed up the wall over Brexit could have kept the RNLI in gold plated lifeboats for decades

Sponsored Links
Lets hope their donations rise up enough to cover their shortfall.
Well anyone objecting to the RNLI saving the lives of 'foreigners' I assume would reject the help of foreign rescue services...

I'm sure they'll be heard saying "Don't worry about me - I'll just drown because of my principles!" :rolleyes:

A bit like those protesting against using animals to test drugs...

I wonder how many of them turned down a life saving drug that was tested on animals when they require it!

Donations are being spent on swimsuits for devout Muslim women in Tanzania

Andrew Bridgen, a Tory MP, told The Times: 'It is the Royal National Lifeboat Institution, not the Royal International Lifeboat Institution.'

Tory MP Nigel Evans, who sits on the Commons International Development Committee, said: 'The fact the RNLI are cutting staff in the UK but boosting spending on these international projects begs the question of what the priority of the organisation is?

In 2016, the charity announced it was providing training to Greek, German, Dutch and Swedish organisations to help save migrants crossing from Turkey to Greece

When I give money to the RNLI I dont want them saving people from drowning in other countries. It is afterall, a Great British institution.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7464961/How-3-3million-donations-RNLI-spent-abroad.html

;)

Notch is on the switch again

This is outrageous. IMO, we should restrict foreign aid only to needy countries if they have an established space programme and have receipts for several nuclear submarines and stuff.

Use the savings for channel gunboats not lifeboats.

Brexit Thickos apply the logic of spending money to Public Accounts, Trade and Investment.

Sending Aid to foreign countries serves multiple purposes and has to be seen in the context of our Foreign policy and Trade policy terms.

I would say it is a good use of foreign aid to train foreign police in North Africa to police their borders better to reduce the number of people trying to cross the Med. A thicko Brexiteer will say we have cut 20k police officers (Corbyn fault) so why aren't we spending that money in the UK? Thats a false equivalence, the UK can do both spend more at home and abroad.

Sponsored Links
Back