RNLI takes down its website after suspected hacking attempt

Sponsored Links
how is you reply relevant?

You will see these ships have various assault, landing and rescue craft onboard.
Of course they do.
But if you have a boat that does not want to be 'rescued' then it is probably a dangerous manoeuvre to do so, especially against desperate unarmed refugees.
Those refugees are already risking their lives. Any attempt to 'capture' them at gunpoint would make the warships look very silly, especially if it resulted in loss of life, don't you think.
And is there any law to prevent refugees leaving a country? I think not, otherwise there would be an argument that they are not safe in France anymore, if they are prevented from leaving, especially at increased risk to their lives.

Plenty of cases where the "rescue" was forced and plenty of countries operating push back policies. The Greek authorities have been accused of deploying balaclava wearing "pirates" who push them back to turkey and "confiscate" their outboards.

Sponsored Links
Plenty of cases where the "rescue" was forced
Would the UK employ such methods if there were refugees leaving UK.
That's a rhetorical question because obviously no answer is expected or required.

and plenty of countries operating push back policies. The Greek authorities have been accused of deploying balaclava wearing "pirates" who push them back to turkey and "confiscate" their outboards.
I assume you approve of such methods?

At least some are not prepared to go down the route of "I was only doing what I was told"

"Border Force officials could strike over Priti Patel’s “morally reprehensible” plans to turn back dinghies in the Channel, a union has said.

The Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS), which represents the vast majority of Border Force staff who would implement the “pushbacks”, has joined forces with the refugee charity Care4Calais to seek a judicial review of the policy, a tactic campaigners warn could put lives at risk."

Patel should be removed immediately!

NOTHINGBorder Force officials could strike over Priti Patel’s “morally reprehensible” plans

Nothing, but NOTHING Priti Patel, or the rest of this so-called Conservative government, plans or promises ever comes into being, so don't worry all you Britain-haters!

asylum applications 2020

France 87,659
UK 29,456

Just out of interest I did a bit of digging on these numbers..
2021 (Jun-20 to Jun-21)
UK 44,190 that doesn't take account of the sharp up-tick from those crossing by boat in the second half around 25,000. Given 64% are successful vs France's 70% rejection rate, I can see that the argument that France accepts 3 x more asylum claims is weakened significantly.

Last edited:
Just out of interest I did a bit of digging on these numbers..
2021 (Jun-20 to Jun-21)
UK 44,190 that doesn't take account of the sharp up-tick from those crossing by boat in the second half around 25,000. Given 64% are successful vs France's 70% rejection rate, I can see that the argument that France accepts 3 x more asylum claims is weakened significantly.
I see you are carefully selecting the time periods to suit your narrative again.

Taking the yearly 2021 figures, to September, (latest available figures) for both countries, there were about 97,000 applications in France, assuming about a 25% success rate (Initial + Reviews), that's about 25,000 successful asylum applications.
For UK, the same figure is just 37,000 applications with just 13,000 successful applications.
So France's successful asylum application rate is still nearly twice that of UK.

The message is abundantly clear, UK, driven by anti-immigrant propaganda such as yours, is evidently anti-refugee.

No, I just had a different source of data. Jun-Jun rather than Sept-Sept, btw a claim can cover more than 1 person.

I see you are carefully selecting the time periods to suit your narrative again.

Taking the yearly 2021 figures, to September, (latest available figures) for both countries, there were about 97,000 applications in France, assuming about a 25% success rate (Initial + Reviews), that's about 25,000 successful asylum applications.
For UK, the same figure is just 37,000 applications with just 13,000 successful applications.
So France's successful asylum application rate is still nearly twice that of UK.

The message is abundantly clear, UK, driven by anti-immigrant propaganda such as yours, is evidently anti-refugee.

the UK admits 35% of applications based on your figures, which is higher than frances 25% of applications

Sponsored Links
Back