Isolater switches in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just about to start getting some electrical work done in the kitchen along with a new kitchen fitted in.

Anyway, before getting some people round to quote for the electrics (having an inductor hob installed) I just thought I would arm myself with a bit of knowledge. Currently the cooker isoloator switch is located in the cupboard above the oven. So within reach but not in sight. In getting a new kitchen installed, will this switch need to be moved to be in sight? Likewise the switch for the extractor hood above the hob is hidden behind the hood cover. Also things like the dishwasher and washing machine are plugged into sockets in cupboards. Is this acceptable or in getting a new kitchen fitted I am opening myself up for a lot of electric work I hadn't budgeted on.

Thanks for any guidance.

Dave

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back