Isolating hot water tank heat exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

At work we have an ideal concord C 300,000BTU boiler. This heats the office and hot water tank. The water has always been too hot and finally someone has scalded themselves. Maintenance turned the temperature down on the boiler which made the hot water almost OK but the radiators dont heat the room as well.

I suggested isolating the hot water tank heat exchanger from the heating circuit and relying on the immersion heater with its independant temperature control. We have done this and it all seems ok, however, I jsut want to check that what we have done is OK.

Sponsored Links
johno12345 said:
Hi,

At work we have an ideal concord C 300,000BTU boiler. This heats the office and hot water tank. The water has always been too hot and finally someone has scalded themselves. Maintenance turned the temperature down on the boiler which made the hot water almost OK but the radiators dont heat the room as well.

I suggested isolating the hot water tank heat exchanger from the heating circuit and relying on the immersion heater with its independant temperature control. We have done this and it all seems ok, however, I jsut want to check that what we have done is OK.

The thing is with this method sometimes the emerstion stat does not turn it off and carrys on heating and can also catch fire which has happened before and will happen again.

we have a good fire alarm :) it is also in a fireproof room. I am sure that hundreds of immersion heaters are left on 24/7 and ours is on a 7 day timer.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back