Isolating radiator and draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you shut the valve off on these. Do they allow the rad. To be drained without the rest of the system? If close the trv too. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-05-12-03-38-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-05-12-03-38-71_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 63
Sponsored Links
Edited, for misleading information

Last edited:
Thanks but if you turn the valve off on the valve I have put on. And then open the drain off. Will this just drain the rad. Or if you turn the valve off will it just drain nothing?

Sponsored Links
Sorry I disagree, with the valve closed and the valve at the other end of the rad closed, that will drain only that rad, with the valve open it will drain the system, remember and open the air bleed point at the top of the radiator to allow the rad to drain

Sorry I disagree, with the valve closed and the valve at the other end of the rad closed, that will drain only that rad, with the valve open it will drain the system, remember and open the air bleed point at the top of the radiator to allow the rad to drain
That's what I thought but wasn't 100percent hence the question

Closing that valve shuts of the connection to the system pipework. Opening the drain cock will drain the rad if the other rad valve is closed .
As Ian said above.

Yep, you are correct again - I misinterpreted which end of that fitted in the rad..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back