Isolators and radiator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just getting ready to pipe up my radiators following complete hell with blown plaster! Anyway I've a couple of plumbing questions:-

1. Do all TRV's contain an isolator which can "isolate" the plumbing to the radiator thus enabling you to remove the radiator without having to drain the whole system CH system? If I want to employ these valves, what would I need to put on the lockshield side - is there such thing as an isolating lockshied?

2. Is it worthwhile including service/isolator valves within the pipework to enable the plumbing to be shut off in different areas/different radiators? I know this will prevent the system from working as the 'loop' will cease to exist, but I wondered if it would help make maintenance/subsequent home renovation easier.

Thanks for any advice guys

Sponsored Links
most TRV's cant be turned to shut the water off completly

lockshields can be simply turned down to shut off water

i wouldnt really bother adding extra valves to the heating pipes

i find most TRV rad valves provide what is called a 'positive off'position, this enables the TRV to be locked off completly. The 'decorators caps' that come with TRV's are called this as they simply prevent the heads getting accidently turned on and the sensors getting dirty.

older TRV's may open (even if they are 'off') as the temp in the room fluctuates though.

Try the Danfoss RAS-C valves (i think).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back