Isolators on radiator pipes... what should I do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

We did have a tiny radiator (400mm wide) fitted with compression valves from existing pipes from the floor that used to server an 800mm wide radiator.

I have removed the small radiator and want to put back a new 800mm radiator as its a cold room and the old pipes looked messy.

I have a dilemma... the two copper pipes from the floor both have isolators on. What should I do?

Is there a fitting I can use to attach the TRV and lock valve onto the isolators? Or.. should I remove the isolators and a put the valves directly on the copper pipes? Problem with this is that firstly I'll have to drain the whole system to remove the isolators and the pipes from the floor seem to be quite low?

My head is saying that I should do the job properly and drin the system and removed the isolators? Do you think thats best?

HvPAkl.jpg

Thanks for any advice...

Sponsored Links
listen to your head, short answer but you know it's right

Sponsored Links
theres a good chance they will leak when you turn them back on,drain down and remove or renew them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back