Isolation/service valve advice

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by andyj941, 11 Nov 2021.

1. andyj941

andyj941

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi I've just replaced the old fill valve which was falling apart and making a loud noise in the upstairs loo.

Replacing the valve went well, however the isolation valve, which a quick Internet search seems to be an Armitage Shanks one in the picture below, about 10cm tall. It's leaking constantly now, albeit only slowly.

How easy is it to replace something like this? I can turn the water off at the mains I just wondered what type of fitting I need as I've never attempted anything like this before. It is connected to a copper pipe at the bottom and the plastic shank of the fill valve at the top.

20211111_210408.jpg

2. Sponsored Links
  3. blup

blup

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  4. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Too small a gap IMO for a flexi without pigtailing it and even then it'll be difficult trying not to kink it. That's a service valve which is different from an Isolation valve, whereby it has a tap connector end to fit directly onto the valve shank. An equivalent chrome one may be long enough, just hope it is or there is a little play on that supply pipe as that tiled box section could cause problems if not.

Shame you have just replaced the fill valve as ideally you would have replaced it with one with a brass shank.

• Like Like x 1