Isolation/service valve advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've just replaced the old fill valve which was falling apart and making a loud noise in the upstairs loo.

Replacing the valve went well, however the isolation valve, which a quick Internet search seems to be an Armitage Shanks one in the picture below, about 10cm tall. It's leaking constantly now, albeit only slowly.

How easy is it to replace something like this? I can turn the water off at the mains I just wondered what type of fitting I need as I've never attempted anything like this before. It is connected to a copper pipe at the bottom and the plastic shank of the fill valve at the top.

20211111_210408.jpg

Sponsored Links
Too small a gap IMO for a flexi without pigtailing it and even then it'll be difficult trying not to kink it. That's a service valve which is different from an Isolation valve, whereby it has a tap connector end to fit directly onto the valve shank. An equivalent chrome one may be long enough, just hope it is or there is a little play on that supply pipe as that tiled box section could cause problems if not.

Shame you have just replaced the fill valve as ideally you would have replaced it with one with a brass shank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back