Issue with Bell 801 Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have recently renovated my flat and changed the entry phone. This phone was moved around a lot to accommodate the works going on. All was working totally fine, and I have been left with a phone that doesn't buzz when someone is at the door, but you can press the button to let them in.

On opening up the phone this is what I have, is there a simple fix for this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

E9E7CF35-3608-4BCE-81C1-E17E8044EECF.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Great thanks for your help, I thought as much. There is one that hasn't got a wire connected " I " (the first one). Can I do trial and error with the wires remaining without causing damage? Is it normal to have excess wires unused as I will have?

Thanks again, and much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Trial and error should find the wire with little risk of doing any damage.

But first

Look at the ends of the spare wires, the wire you need may have signs of having been squashed by the terminal it cam out of

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back