Issue with PIR's & Wintex connect

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

We have had some building work done and of the PIR sensors has been cut away and is no longer in use. I had hoped to to try and remove this from the system before hand but that didn't really happen. The Kitchen PIR that was removed is now showing as tamper and I have tried to logon to Wintex but it won't connect. I get an error "Connection with Control Panel could not be established. I haven't used it for a while but this message appears after Wintex asking for a app code which I have tried from the app and the panel.

The Panel is showing system alerts with tamper faults on two PIR's. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can resolve this?

Alarm is Elite 24 Version 4.x

Many thanks!

Sponsored Links
get latest version of wintex and try again
Thank you it worked and I am now back in ok.

Please can I ask how to remove the sensor from the system? I need to remove zone 5 and clear the tamper on zone 4?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• Zone Status.png
    Zone Status.png
    35.9 KB · Views: 46
Sponsored Links
I think I have found how to remove the not longer required one by setting the zone to not used. So all I need to work out is how to remove the tamper on the remaining zone.

Thanks!

It cant simply be removed, you will have to find the cause of the tamper i.e cable fault/disconnected, falty switch in pir. Perhaps this shared a cable with the pir that was removed...or cable was damaged by the builders

It cant simply be removed, you will have to find the cause of the tamper i.e cable fault/disconnected, falty switch in pir. Perhaps this shared a cable with the pir that was removed...or cable was damaged by the builders
Thanks, I Have set to not sued for now. It looks like the cable was damaged. Sadly it's all been boarded and plastered now so I think I am going to look at adding a wireless PIR and get a Ricohet module.

I need to do some more research into how and what's needed though.

Thank you!

How many cores do you have in the cable feeding the PIR?

Which PIR's are you using?
How are they wired?

How many cores do you have in the cable feeding the PIR?

Which PIR's are you using?
How are they wired?

It's an 8 core cable, I assume I could try the reaming four wires to see if they put the pir in tamper?

Thanks!

Attachments

• PIR.png
    PIR.png
    364.3 KB · Views: 54
cant see which pins are shorted for the eol if any.

Sorry hard to capture, I have taken some more. The one PIR in question was moved so I think the cable was extended but I have no idea if they joined all wires or just the wires the PIR was using. I would like to think all but if not I am guessing my only option is wireless setup.

Attachments

• PIR2.jpg
    PIR2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 65
okay so that looks like the resistors are set correctly ie pins 3 and 4 shorted out for alarm and tamper.

Move the blue wire left one space so its right at the end.

then check your wiring type is doublepole eol against the zone.

the close the pir up properly and what does it show up as?

You only need three cables.

On the Elite 24 if you wire just one cable to the left terminal.
Wire that wire into last tamper terminal in the PIR
take a short wire between 0V of the PIR and the first alarm terminal.

You will only need 1 wire to be good as you already have power to the PIR.

so try blue wire in last tamper terminal to left zone terminal in Elite 24.
then the other wires to see if one of them is any good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back