Issues drilling into 1949 house plaster

But if you have a budget of £160 you can afford better.
Agreed. My own everyday drill is a Bosch GBH2400 which I picked-up 2 years ago for £100, and which has taken the usual beating that and trade tool gets without a hiccup. So with a budget of £160 the OP should end up with some change

Sponsored Links
thanks for replying guys, especially the long post from JobAndKnock, appreciate you taking the time to go into detail, going to have a look online now and get one of the suggestions.

As I said before you don't really need a set of bits. Get yourself a 5.5mm for red plugs and a 7mm for brown plugs (160mm long for 100mm depth of drilling) and that should cover 90% of your needs. It does for me. If you hit softer walls then a 5mm and a 6.5mm might be useful, but that's really it. Add other drills as and when required. If you buy a set you'll probably never use them all

Sponsored Links
I use DeWalt Extreme 2 masonry bits. Better than anything else I've tried.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back