Issues with Vokera Compact 29 boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Compact 29 boiler which is about 6 years old. My boiler wasn’t working at all, it had power but wouldn’t stay on. I have home emergency cover and their aim is to get your heating and hot water working again not necessarily fix the issue. Therefore they advised I required a new wireless room thermostat however to get my heating working the engineer bypassed my PCB. It was my responsibility to purchase the new thermostat. A week later the boiler broke again and was advised it was the PCB which was broken and this was replaced a few weeks ago. It was fine until yesterday when all the power in my house went out, by process of elimination it seems that every time I plug the boiler back in the power supply goes off in the house. Would the fact that the original heating engineer bypassed the PCB have anything to do with the new issue and is it safe to bypass the PCB? I haven’t yet got round to purchasing the new room thermostat so the boiler was running most of the day as I switched it off during the night. Sorry for the long post!

Sponsored Links
I’m guessing it means the thermostat was bypassed at the pcb by linking the terminals?

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve no idea how he done it as it wasn’t me who was in the house when he done it. I requested a copy of the job sheet and this is what it says on the job sheet! I can not chose which company to use as it’s home emergency cover arranged through my bank. Is this dangerous to bypass the PCB?

Sponsored Links
you can not by pass a pcb, you can link out a thermostat , if the thermostat is linked out nothing to worry about on a safety issue but again he did not by pass the PCB

This is the exact wording on the job sheet.

Have bypassed on boiler pcb to give ch and dhw.

Any ideas why the boiler would stop working after only having a new circuit board a few weeks ago? I’ve changed the fuse on the plug but still no luck?

I’d be suspecting an internal component, not pcb.

Ok, thanks for your help...engineer coming out tomorrow so let’s see what he says.

Well I have just polished my crystal ball, and my money is on the Automatic air vent is passing and water has got into the gas valve

Lol...I’m sure that blocked up last year and they replaced it! I’m not very confident with the company that repair it as I feel I’ve had just about every part of the boiler replaced or repaired in the last few years and it still breaks down. I will eventually have to give in and get a new boiler but at the moment it doesn’t cost me anything as it’s covered under the policy. I’ll keep you posted!

Lol...I’m sure that blocked up last year and they replaced it! I’m not very confident with the company that repair it as I feel I’ve had just about every part of the boiler replaced or repaired in the last few years and it still breaks down. I will eventually have to give in and get a new boiler but at the moment it doesn’t cost me anything as it’s covered under the policy. I’ll keep you posted!
No it would be the condensate trap that blocked and backed up into the boiler, dont replace it get a proper Vokera engineer to properly service it

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back