It takes a strong person..

I

imamartian

to be the best in the world. To win the 100metres, or heavyweight championship, but it takes a much bigger person to admit they were wrong.

sepp blatter - technology is too expensive? :eek:
sepp blatter - technology can't be applied globally? wimbledon only has hawkeye on 2 courts ffs!! and this is the worlds football tournament!

ian watmore/prince william - head of the FA... it's time to limit the number of foreign players in the premiership. It may well be a showcase league, but it's time for self preservation... time to protect ENGLISH football (oh and Welsh..).

Fabio Capello - bye !! and it would take a really strong person to leave behind 3 of those 6 millions of pounds you didn't really earn !!!

Sponsored Links
Anyone have any idea how much this technology would actually cost to install, maintain and run? In the context of what the players and managers "earn"

In the context of what the premier league players earn, the technology wouldn't cost much. However it would be prohibitively expensive for many lower leagues. Anyway, incidents like todays are and always have been part and parcel of the game. I rage away about them as much as the next guy, but it is then up to the players to use the injustice as a motivation. If they cant do that or they are just not as good as the opposition then tough. If goal line technology were introduced, the score would have been 4-2 instead of 4-1. The germans were just better all round.

Why not just use video replay when available? Is there ever an International fixture that isn't filmed? Premier league?

Sponsored Links
In the context of what the premier league players earn, the technology wouldn't cost much. However it would be prohibitively expensive for many lower leagues. Anyway, incidents like todays are and always have been part and parcel of the game. I rage away about them as much as the next guy, but it is then up to the players to use the injustice as a motivation. If they cant do that or they are just not as good as the opposition then tough. If goal line technology were introduced, the score would have been 4-2 instead of 4-1. The germans were just better all round.

impossible to say that. if the goal had been allowed who knows what would have happened. we over stretched ourselves in the second half looking for the equaliser and got punished. Having said that our defence was a disgrace and was totally disjointed. No wonder james was shouting and swearing at that them so much.

Oh well i can enjoy the rest of the tournament now!

As Joe has said and as Wimbledon do, use it when it's available and in BIG matches. Of course FIFA couldn't possible help with the expense of installing it as they're.............. EFFING TIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In 1966 did the ball cross the line? the officals said yes and the rest is history.Fast forward 44 yrs did the ball cross the line the officals said no and this is now history, what go's round comes round.England need to question why they allowed themselves to come second in the group stage and face Germany so early in the tournament rather than blame someone elses human error.To err is human to forgive is divine.

Fifa's take on this inability for Ref's to see the goal is:-

Qoute- These kind of incidents promote discussion amongst the fans.

It illustrates for me what I've said before that on and off field officials are totally capable of ruining a great game.

It was a great game to watch, to see how Germany took us apart and then the fight back.

But WHAT IF, that goal was the clincher at the end of time. I think fans should press to get these decisions over turned.

In the meantime the cost would be the price of getting a couple of well trained JSA victims employed.

Fifa's take on this inability for Ref's to see the goal is:-

Qoute- These kind of incidents promote discussion amongst the fans.
If I ran onto the pitch and started shooting players at random, then that would promote discussion amongst the fans too. Doesn't make it a wise choice either, does it? :rolleyes:

Good old fifa :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In 1966 did the ball cross the line? the officals said yes and the rest is history.Fast forward 44 yrs did the ball cross the line the officals said no and this is now history, what go's round comes round.England need to question why they allowed themselves to come second in the group stage and face Germany so early in the tournament rather than blame someone elses human error.To err is human to forgive is divine.

No doubt the German press will be arguing that the disallowed goal makes up for 1966.
TBQH, now is the time for instant replays to be brought into football. Specially with such a high profile tournament. Two reasons I don't think it will be brought in are,,,,,,,,,
1: Players are more likely to be caught out cheating, diving, handballing.
2 : Referees, will be shown to be fallible. Their reputation as referees will be under scrutiny.

I don't think that instant replays would hold up the game any more than it already is. What with players lying on the ground until the magic sponge is brought on. Watching this tournament on TV, we see too often a player fall as though he's been poleaxed, only for him to be up and running in a matter of a few minutes.
At least with the benefit of instant replays, the referee should be able to make decisions properly and perhaps caution players for time wasting.

Had the score been 2-2 at half time, It could have turned into a great game , with both teams trying their utmost to get the win.
Ahh well, at least the England team get a new coach tomorrow,,, The one that's taking them to the airport. ;) ;) ;)

whats stopping the 4th official having an instant playback facility by the dug outs,as said if most/all top flight games are televised then it surely cannot be to hard or expensive to have this technology at hand,
how is it that the ref will consult with his linesman but will not consult with the 4th official.
i do believe they have this in cricket and rugby?
why not soccer(sorry football).

well i for one, would like to see the tchnology used even if it resulted in my team losing - and i can imagine that for a (too many) number of people, winning at all costs counts.... well it ruins the game for me.
The same for blatant diving, also for those stamps on the back of the ankle the ref doesn't see, and the knock on the arm that forces the player to grab his face ....

But that said, it wasn't a factor in the result... England need to look at themselves...

whats stopping the 4th official having an instant playback facility by the dug outs,as said if most/all top flight games are televised then it surely cannot be to hard or expensive to have this technology at hand,
how is it that the ref will consult with his linesman but will not consult with the 4th official.
i do believe they have this in cricket and rugby?
why not soccer(sorry football).

part of the 'real' problem is that in rugby, cricket or tennis, there's a natural stoppage at these moments in question... what if after England's second 'goal', the German keeper had hoofed the ball down the pitch and they'd scored.... if you stop it and it was a goal, all well and good, if you stop it and it wasn't do you deprived the Germans of their goal?

Martian, Although I believe that FIFA should embrace modern technology, you do realise that Defoe's goal in the last match would have been disallowed for shirt pulling?. Have a close look at SloMo replays. ;) ;) ;)

Martian, Although I believe that FIFA should embrace modern technology, you do realise that Defoe's goal in the last match would have been disallowed for shirt pulling?. Have a close look at SloMo replays. ;) ;) ;)

John, i fully agree.....! i don't want to use technology just to help England to win FFS ! the game is full of cheats....

Sponsored Links
Back