It takes a strong person..

whats stopping the 4th official having an instant playback facility by the dug outs,as said if most/all top flight games are televised then it surely cannot be to hard or expensive to have this technology at hand,
how is it that the ref will consult with his linesman but will not consult with the 4th official.
i do believe they have this in cricket and rugby?
why not soccer(sorry football).

part of the 'real' problem is that in rugby, cricket or tennis, there's a natural stoppage at these moments in question... what if after England's second 'goal', the German keeper had hoofed the ball down the pitch and they'd scored.... if you stop it and it was a goal, all well and good, if you stop it and it wasn't do you deprived the Germans of their goal?

isnt that why the ref has a whistle,surely if in doubt then blow the thing hold the game up and even check with the 4th ref or take a look at THE BLOODY BIG SCREEN thats in the stadium.
also if the players come under scrutiny from diving would that not speed the game up in the end,as they may be apprehensive of being caught cheating and yellow carded??

Sponsored Links
whats stopping the 4th official having an instant playback facility by the dug outs,as said if most/all top flight games are televised then it surely cannot be to hard or expensive to have this technology at hand,
how is it that the ref will consult with his linesman but will not consult with the 4th official.
i do believe they have this in cricket and rugby?
why not soccer(sorry football).

part of the 'real' problem is that in rugby, cricket or tennis, there's a natural stoppage at these moments in question... what if after England's second 'goal', the German keeper had hoofed the ball down the pitch and they'd scored.... if you stop it and it was a goal, all well and good, if you stop it and it wasn't do you deprived the Germans of their goal?

isnt that why the ref has a whistle,surely if in doubt then blow the thing hold the game up and even check with the 4th ref or take a look at THE BLOODY BIG SCREEN thats in the stadium.
also if the players come under scrutiny from diving would that not speed the game up in the end,as they may be apprehensive of being caught cheating and yellow carded??

Gregers, what are you suggesting? the ref should blow up to check? he clearly thought it wasn't a goal, that's why he didn't blow.....

in tennis a player can challenge, and the original situation still stands if the challenge was wrong

Sponsored Links
Gregers, what are you suggesting? the ref should blow up to check? he clearly thought it wasn't a goal, that's why he didn't blow.....

in tennis a player can challenge, and the original situation still stands if the challenge was wrong[/quote]

yes thats what i am suggesting,he was being hurranged by the english players so the game was being held up and wasnt being played anyway,wouldnt it be better if there was a shadow of doubt then check.
the poor ref is going to get slatted in the english press if not the world press,this would take the onus from the ref and take it out of his hands so the blame is not soley his???.
but hey wot do i know i normally do not follow football at all.

can you imagine the out cry if this happened in the final?

Is it 3 judge calls allowed by tennis players? Can the same not be applied to football?

in tennis a player can challenge, and the original situation still stands if the challenge was wrong

yes thats what i am suggesting,he was being hurranged by the english players so the game was being held up and wasnt being played anyway,wouldnt it be better if there was a shadow of doubt then check.
the poor ref is going to get slatted in the english press if not the world press,this would take the onus from the ref and take it out of his hands so the blame is not soley his???.
but hey wot do i know i normally do not follow football at all.

can you imagine the out cry if this happened in the final?

the point is, if the the ref doesn't give a goal, the game goes on.... it doesn't stop with a chance to see if it's a goal... why shouldn't a team have the chance of a counter-attack?[/quote]

at least the ref,s are consistent,theres been a bit of an upset in the mexico/argy match.

... also no one's commented on the other points of my post.... foreign players in the premiership, and Capello's replacement?

... also no one's commented on the other points of my post.... foreign players in the premiership, and Capello's replacement?
Well Let's take that one point at a time:-----
Foreign players in the Premiership?? What would you rather see? Some exciting players who give 100% or a bunch of overpaid mediocrity interspersed with 2 minutes of good play?

Capello's replacement?? Perhaps this should be the best manager in the Premiership?? But would he want/ care about the job??
;) ;)

If goal line technology were introduced, the score would have been 4-2 instead of 4-1.

Not necessarily.

If the second had been allowed that would have given the England team a morale boost ( and consequently a dip in morale for the Germans) that may have led to a win for us.

If goal line technology were introduced, the score would have been 4-2 instead of 4-1.

Not necessarily.

If the second had been allowed that would have given the England team a morale boost ( and consequently a dip in morale for the Germans) that may have led to a win for us.

I agree, it's done. But the England team were ****, from start to finish - admit it. It was never going to be. One good attacking team, then nothing. They deserved what they got. Did Rooney even play? Bring on Heskey, instead of Crouch? Where was he? 90 minutes of pub football for England. Never seen worse.

In 1966 did the ball cross the line? the officals said yes and the rest is history.Fast forward 44 yrs did the ball cross the line the officals said no and this is now history, what go's round comes round.England need to question why they allowed themselves to come second in the group stage and face Germany so early in the tournament rather than blame someone elses human error.To err is human to forgive is divine.

No doubt the German press will be arguing that the disallowed goal makes up for 1966.

;) ;) ;)
They`ll have to get a few more to make up for 1945 :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back