It was all going so well...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In an effort to save some money and gain a few skills I've retiled our bathroom.

I thought my calculations were correct and had planned the number of tiles correctly, but alas I've had a minor cock up.

At the top of the tiles - below the architrave and next to the door theres a small (0.5") gap. I've uploaded some photos for clarity.

What options are available to make it look better?

Is there any product to help in this situation?

All suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The top I wouldn't worry just grout it, it's against a white coving no one (apart from you) will ever notice it and you will forget it after a while ;)

The side of the door either cut a strip of tile using an electric tile cutter, they really are quite cheap these days. You can get very narrow slivers of tile with them or use white upvc plastic trim, either this sort of thing,

http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/162619

or look for bath trim quadrant. one more option might be to use some of the mosaic tiles cut from the backing.

Worst case scenario fit a strip of wood and paint it as part of the door frame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back