It was god wot did it!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In an interview with chat show host Michael Parkinson Tony Blair believes it was God's fault we invaded Iraq and god is therefore responsible for the chaos that now prevails in that war torn country, so all you people that attacked Blair for it owe him an apology. :LOL:
Blimy! think what all this means, god must be running the country and has been for a while, you'd think he could have sorted out alot of the problems with the railways and that, well everything really ;)

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:
In an interview with chat show host Michael Parkinson Tony Blair believes it was God's fault we invaded Iraq and god is therefore responsible for the chaos that now prevails in that war torn country,
I'm glad that's sorted out then, perhaps we should all get on with living our lives instead of bashing the government.

Bashing ? questioning ? yes I think they'd like that :LOL: wouldn't be very healthy though would it.

Don't see why, I'm sure the government could do a much better job of running the country if they didn't get all this interference of people who question them all the time.

Sponsored Links
hermes said:
Don't see why, I'm sure the government could do a much better job of running the country if they didn't get all this interference of people who question them all the time.
:LOL: yeah!

who knows, maybe next week he'll put on a purple tracksuit and proclaim himself the son of god... :LOL:

Well, I'm glad someone else brought this up here, saves me the trouble of finding a title.

How on earth can he (Blair) be so thick, cowardly and just plain stupid! When I heard part of the interview I got livid. How dare he hide behind this statement! If he would hide behind saying: "well we put it into a vote and all stupid MP's voted for it" that would be a bit more honest, but cowardly hiding from you responsibilities by saying God will be the ultimate judge on my actions of going to war in Iraq!

In a sense it doesn't make him any better than the terrorist we're fighting, they also hide behind God/Allah/Mohammed/Jaweh/who ever.

Ok, rant over

I think Blair's been badly advised on this, to bring religion into it by saying he was guided by his christian faith could be interpreted by some to take the invasion as a crusade ie christians v muslims.

Mountains out of mole heaps again ....

What did Tone REALLY say and in what context did he make the remarks?

[url=http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0 said:
.... Lifting the veil on the influence of religion in his life, Mr Blair says that he has to live with the decision he made over Iraq and with his conscience. In the end there would be a judgment but
'if you have faith about these things then you realise that judgment is made by other people'.

Asked by Michael Parkinson in an interview to be screened tonight what he meant by that, Mr Blair replies:

'By other people. If you believe in God, it is made by God as well . . .'

Faced with decisions about people's lives and in some cases their death,

'the only way you can take a decision like that is to try to do the right thing, according to your conscience and for the rest of it you leave it to the judgment that history will make'....

Cannot see too much wrong with that ...

Alistair allegedly, did advise him "WE don't do God !" ... But then, Tone is the head sharang !
;)

I guess if Bush says his god told him to do it, and Blair says his god told him to do it, they're both working on the same rules as the people who say their god wanted them to do whatever they did.

However, it is not a moral justification for your actions to say your god wanted it. There are plenty of gods about, and they all seem to want whatever their believers want.

Funny, that.

JohnD said:
I guess if Bush says his god told him to do it, and Blair says his god told him to do it, they're both working on the same rules as the people who say their god wanted them to do whatever they did.

However, it is not a moral justification for your actions to say your god wanted it. There are plenty of gods about, and they all seem to want whatever their believers want.

Funny, that.

Tone never said that - you know it. ;) :D :D :D

Richardp said:
Bashing ? questioning ? yes I think they'd like that :LOL: wouldn't be very healthy though would it.
If anything needs bashing it`s the bishops.lets have a day where we all Bash our Bishops.and those already of the cloth.can stroke their cassocks :LOL: :LOL:

hermes said:

They could probably do even better if they didn't have to mess about getting re-elected every few years too.....

JohnD said:
Same god as the one that Islamic terrorists invoke.

Christian God, Allah and Jehova are all one and the same deity.

kendor said:
I think Blair's been badly advised on this, to bring religion into it by saying he was guided by his christian faith could be interpreted by some to take the invasion as a crusade ie christians v muslims.
Blair's is losing his marbles and has run out of idea who to blame next but himself.

Blair's has also since changed his mind & keep lying about going to war and reckon the world is a better place without Saddam, what a loads of rubbish. Whoever has voted for Labour has effectively agreed to the war. More people are now killed since the war has ended, now what?

I now disagreed everything he says and his style of government is very worrying.

Sponsored Links
Back