Its a lie I dont believe anymore.

And don't try and tell me anything about London because I grew up there.
so when you grew up in London, what was the nationality of the bus conductors? The train guards? The man sweeping the platform? The cleaners in the hospitals? The care assistants? The nurses on the unglamorous wards like geriatrics?

And what do you think they are now?

Sponsored Links
While growing up.
Would you be surprised if I told you they were almost exclusively white British. As were the doctors, nurses, hospital cleaners, street cleaners, council workers, teachers, police officers, shop assistants. In fact almost everyone was white British.

There were a few West Indians and a few Indians or Pakistani's and Poles it's difficult to know how many there were as they were so few.

I saw my first black man in Southall market when I was aged about 5 if that helps.

Edit: Of course you'd like to have us believe there has been a shortage of workers the last fifty years. Politicians :rolleyes:

the doctors, nurses, hospital cleaners, street cleaners, council workers, teachers, police officers, shop assistants. In fact almost everyone was white British.

There were a few West Indians and a few Indians or Pakistani's and Poles it's difficult to know how many there were as they were so few.
you must have grown up a very very long time ago. Certainly more than 50 years. Or maybe you have selective memory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_Windrush

Sponsored Links
So you just prove your dishonesty yet again.

I said

You unsurprisingly post a link to the windrush years so how many came over from the Windies during that time? what impact did that have on the White population of London? Can you tell us that.

What was the population of London in the fifty's and sixties and what was the ethnic make up of that population, would you care to tell us that.

I've just come back from having a couple of tyres fitted to my jag and the owner of the place moved here from Hammersmith 14 years. Would you care to guess why. Other than claim it's because he too is a racist.

are you going to tell us how long ago was this golden age that you claim to remember, when there were no immigrants working on London Transport or in hospitals?

I asked you tell us how many West Indians there were amongst the population of London during 50's and 60's and I will add the 70's There's a big clue for you.

Now instead of coming back with meaningless carp please answer my questions so we can put thing into perspective. But you won't like that will you :LOL:

are you going to tell us how long ago was this golden age that you claim to remember, when there were no immigrants working on London Transport or in hospitals?

I replied to the first part of your post before you edited in
when there were no immigrants working on London Transport or in hospitals?

Again you're being dishonest :rolleyes: I said
Would you be surprised if I told you they were almost exclusively white British

Note the Almost, it will help you I'm sure;)

A good mate of mine used to grow tomatoes, now he grows orchids. Before Poland joined the EU labour was a constant nightmare; on a Monday morning the local Job Centre would send him English workers. Most of them would turn up late, some still drunk, complaining, moaning and taking forever to get working. Some would leave at lunch time saying the work didn't suit them. Some survived until the following day before disappearing. In the meantime they would be constantly harrassing him and causing him stress, needing time off, making phone calls, ****ing around and doing no work. Some were so lazy they didn't even bother coming back on the Friday to collect the wages from the Monday they actually worked. Dross, unemployable and incapable of understanding their reponsibilities in society. I don't know who is to blame for this attitude.

Then the Poles arrived.... suddenly there was a workforce of six people who were happy to do the job, who turned up on time, clean, sober and could be trusted to get on with it. Some have been with him permanently since they arrived and now he can go off and concentrate on selling the products and winning contracts for the growing equipment.

That said he has got one English lad with him at the moment who is keen to work so it's not all bad.

ajstone's fantasy world of his youth was almost exclusively white british

in the real world, the 1951 UK census had about 2 million people born outside the UK, the 1961 about two and a half, the 1971 about three and a quarter

I don't know why his memory is faulty.

Dross, unemployable and incapable of understanding their reponsibilities in society. I don't know who is to blame for this attitude.

There has always been dross, in every country, but polish dross doesn't make the effort to travel to another country to find work.

And welfare has only cemented the dross's sense of entitlement.

ajstone's fantasy world of his youth was almost exclusively white british

in the real world, the 1951 UK census had about 2 million people born outside the UK, the 1961 about two and a half, the 1971 about three and a quarter

I don't know why his memory is faulty.

More rubbish and distortion of the truth from you. There's a surprise :rolleyes:
Are you really now going to claim there were 2 million black/brown immigrants in this country in the 50's. Well are you?

You wont answer the questions I asked you because you know full well it makes you and your argument look ridiculous and dishonest :LOL:

You brought up the Windrush years (as I expected you would)

Then the Nationality Act of 1948 gave all subjects of the British Empire the right to British citizenship and to settle here.

Post-war Britain was suffering from acute labour shortages in key industries.

In 1939, when the Second World War started, the black population in Britain was just 15,000. Ten years after the arrival of the Windrush, 125,000 West Indians were living here.

Sixty years on, one per cent of the current British population is of West Indian descent.
I've asked myself why I don't recall seeing them everywhere as you claim I should.
After all they were working in our hospitals and on the buses etc. So could it be that they didn't all migrate to London? However, just to humour you, let us suppose that they did.

Now given that the population of London hovered around 8 million during the 50's 60's and 70's they would have amounted to around 1.5% of the population. Was this 1.5% evenly distributed across London do you think or were they at that time sticking together in groups pretty much as the immigrants arriving now do.

Now I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong but I make that 98 out of a hundred being white. Is that correct?

The buses shown in this link don't seem to have the drivers you want them to have had JD. Why is that? after all it's where I grew up in London.
http://www.tfwl.org.uk/nostalgia.html

Edit: This link has buses from a wider area that does indeed have at least three black/brown bus drivers or conductors. I also noticed that the high streets do appear to have the British people I remember them having while growing up. http://www.mikesbuspages.com/londontransport.htm

Sponsored Links
Back