It's Business

How long have you been in business working for yourself?

Need somebody to pat you on the back and say, never mind, its ok?

Surely you make decisions like that every day?
How nice.

Sponsored Links
I was just at a friends in Essex and this flyer came through the door with a Kebab menu and some special offers on vertical blinds.

7133BA65-97D4-4619-9369-AACB57750FC1.jpeg

Good business is where both sides profit. She asked for a service & you gave that service at a price that she was aware of. The only thing I would pick up on . . . Could you not have talked with her a few minutes to discover how to turn off the water without the need for a visit at that time?

If you feel guilty taking the money then you have no place in business.

P.S. Trading standards should contact these so called 24/7 trades randomly 3x, those that fail should be prosecuted.

This. I tried for a long time to make a business out of computer supply and repair but I often felt guilty about asking for the amount of money that I deemed was a reasonable rate. I never did make anything of my business.

Sponsored Links
This. I tried for a long time to make a business out of computer supply and repair but I often felt guilty about asking for the amount of money that I deemed was a reasonable rate. I never did make anything of my business.

I do friends & family & most of the village. Some of the easiest fixes you can imagine down to complex VPN links to work servers. I tend not to charge as such, just let it be known that I don't work for nowt'. The money has been everything from a pint behind the bar to a free weekend in a log cabin :)

How long have you been in business working for yourself?

Need somebody to pat you on the back and say, never mind, its ok?

Surely you make decisions like that every day?
Your a horrible man

I think one look at Bodd at 3 in the morning she decided she would rather pay cash.

Funny you say thst.

We got talking she has 4 year old twin boys. She said her husband died why she was pregnant. That got me choked.
She said
When she opened the door 3 this morning I reminded her of her husband I looked so much like him.

That choked me even more.

I will need a plumber in Essex soon ... do you work in Chelmsford area? I promise not to call at 2am.

Your a horrible man

Why? For making an obvious simple statement.

You run a business. I asume it is yours. Therefore you charge what you want.

If you wanted you could have said no charge. I am sure every single self employed person has done jobs of higher value (labour only, so minimal costs involved) for free under certain circumstances.

You just came on here with your tale to get yourself a pat on the back, for applying a charge.

The woman has had a tough hand dealt to her. It happens. It is partly why I like the idea of a caring society, with welfare to those who need it.

In summary. Charge, or do for free. If you think she has had a particularly bad deal why didn't you do it for free?

If you think I am bad for saying that, feel free, I can take it too.

Sponsored Links
Back