ITV Hub and FireStick don't agree!

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Once again we have found it impossible to play ITV Hub on our FireStick.
Strangely, all other channels, except ITV, play normally without any problems.
ITV Hub, however, comes up with the message "Whoops, something's gone wrong. Try again... and again... and again..."

Interestingly, all other channels continue to work properly! It is never any other channel apart from ITV Hub.

Fortunately, we have discovered that 'restarting' the FireStick sorted out the problem. OK, so now we know!

But why only ITV Hub?

Sponsored Links
I regularly have to go through the restart procedure for YouTube!

I may be very wrong, but I have a feeling that some big apps may continue to run in the background, even when you choose something different. If the stick has been on for a while, some of the caches could get rather full!

I also occasionally get a stuttery image with iPlayer. In this case, I just go back to the iPlayer menu, select the programme again and all is well :)

I regularly have to go through the restart procedure for YouTube!

I may be very wrong, but I have a feeling that some big apps may continue to run in the background, even when you choose something different. If the stick has been on for a while, some of the caches could get rather full!

I also occasionally get a stuttery image with iPlayer. In this case, I just go back to the iPlayer menu, select the programme again and all is well :)
Oh, we've cleared the cache for ITV several times now, as this problem has happened a number of times.
Why only ITV, though?

Check the memory left on the fire stick. Have too many apps installed leaving too little free memory and you get all sorts of random problems. .

Sponsored Links
Check the memory left on the fire stick. Have too many apps installed leaving too little free memory and you get all sorts of random problems. .
Sorry for the delay in replying. We did check the memory, and the cache, on the FireStick and that looked to have plenty of space.
Nevertheless, we 're-set' the FireStick and now ITV Hub works again.
What I don't understand is why none of the other channels were affected by this problem, only ITV Hub.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back