Ive listened to the people and learnt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So hes listened to us and learnt then has he? So within less than 24 hours of winning, having a large drop in his majority and losing a lotof votes how does he display hes learnt from it?

Well he simply re-appoints a man who was proved to have lied and abused his position as a cabinet minister less than 6 months ago, back as pensions minister. Welcome back blunkett, you are truly back into the fold of fellow two faced liers.

Unbelievable :evil:

Sponsored Links
Blair don't know what else to say because he's feeling guilty of not listening to people. People don't believe him anymore.

And this quote below make me laugh, so his advisers got it wrong as well :?:
kendor said:
It's only during campaigning that he would get such a chance to meet people all over the country and to guage views directly rather than through his advisers.

I seem to remember that in his 1997 manifesto Tony said he would get rid of the licensing laws. I believed him. What a plonker!!!

I hear B may be in charge of the Passport office pencil sharpener ... :D

Sponsored Links
In bliar speak :-
"I've listened to the people, I've learnt what the people want, their views have been taken on board, now that I'm back to carry out their wishes, they can all f@@k off as I'll do as I did before (naa naa naaa naa naaaa, I can't hear you etc. etc.)

Scoby_Beasley said:
In bliar speak :-
now that I'm back to carry out their wishes, they can all f@@k off as I'll do as I did before (naa naa naaa naa naaaa, I can't hear you etc. etc.)

Shouldn't that be: (naaaaa, I can only hear Bushy and I will only do what he wants me to do) :confused: :confused:

kendor said:
I would just like to say goodbye mr howard :)
Then why doesn't Blair take the hint?

The day after Blair told Britons he had listened to their concerns and pledged to respond wisely and sensibly, the left-leaning Guardian said time was running out for him.

"As hero Howard quits, why doesn't Blair take the hint?" asked the Daily Express under the banner: "IT'S TIME TO GO

The Daily Mail said he faced "a lingering political death

With Labour winning only 36 percent of the national vote -- the lowest share ever for a victorious party -- many Labour MPs now see Blair as a liability rather than an asset

Kendor, I would just like to say goodbye to Mr Blair :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

masona said:
With Labour winning only 36 percent of the national vote -- the lowest share ever for a victorious party -- many Labour MPs now see Blair as a liability rather than an asset

You see, that's what I can't get my head around.
How on earth is it possible in a modern country that the election procedure still allows a party only receiving 36% of the national vote to have a majorty in seats!! Wouldn't be a 'victorious' party in many other countires, just one of the bigger parties.

Middle ages comes to mind (no, not the age of some MP's :p )

Yeah, well, the thing about having 'the mother of all parliaments' is it is pretty old and creaky and doesn't work very well. Lacks some of the subtler features of more modern models, like being representative.

There is only one way it will be changed. That is if the lib dems get a majority. If they manage that under the present system by smashing one or other of the other parties, will they still have the balls to change the rules after becoming top dog?

Only thing to be said is that even last time with record majorities Blair only had the votes of 1/4 of the population. I think it very unlikely that any party will do better. The trend is that they will do worse.

Glad David Blunkett is back in the cabinet, he was missed, he is such a great minister and is an excellent choice.

Hard to say if he is a great minister. Plainly Blair trusts him and he is not afraid of being controversial.

Also, I do not see that he did anything wrong to justify him being sacked.

If you can not expedite a visa to improve the life and hence working efficiency of the home secretary, what is the point of being a minister?

Now, sending off British troops to be shot at on the basis of a load of *******s might be a resigning matter. Not getting yourself a home help.

kendor said:
Glad David Blunkett is back in the cabinet......
Better in the kitchen model preferably listening to the lid .. nearly said it didn't I ? :D :D :D

a cabinet minister is not supposed to use the system to his own ends and therefore abuse that position. Worse than that he lied about it and was proved to have lied about it

Another crony .. 'They do not come back' Is an old saying Tony is once again oblivious to the general feeling .. Listening ! To clever media spinners I guess.
Look out Tone -- Tex Galloway is coming guns blazing !!
:D :D

Guys, there was no proof that Blunket abused his position, he resigned due to the ongoing conflict over the child of that serial whore Kimberley Quinn.

I was under the imnpression that you Guys thought for yourself and did not believe the shiite in the newspapers.

I admire Blunket for standing by his convictions over the child and also having the courage and strength to resign when it was getting silly. However i do not consider him that capable an MP or Minister. Some of the policies of the Home Office under him were simply barmy and he should have resigned for them.

I think the entire nation should be ashamed, voting in Blair is simply asking the Wolves to the banquet.

Sponsored Links
Back