I've provided a lovely new cold feed going exclusively to a new combi. A quick question.

To be honest I've always thought unvented cylinders went hand in hand with System Boilers not gravity systems. The installer who was round here recently made that suggestion and he's a pretty switched on bloke. But, like I say, it's always been the de facto suggestion - or al least I thought it was.

Over the years I've read plenty of Tony's posts.

And that's all I shall say.

Sponsored Links
Tony you cannot be serious.
What you are suggesting, can be done but good chance gravity circulation my not be possible with indirect coil in UV cylinder.

This scenario highlighted in a recent thread. Gravity circulation in UV cylinder almost non existent

I think there's been a bit of confusion in terminology. I think it's a fully pumped system, both radiators and cylinder. When OP said gravity, I think he meant F+E open vent.

Sponsored Links
When I say gravity fed I mean supplied by gravity from a header tank. Not pressurised and sealed Danny.

Not that the cylinder heating coil is not pumped!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back