JAG. S TYPE PROBS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
o.k. jag people out there, heres a couple for you,
i`ve got a 99 s type 3.0 se with 100,000 mls on the clock. It runs / starts fine but under acceleration the "engine failsafe mode " comes on for about 3 to 8 seconds (until the desired speed has been reached )then it goes off. The car runs smoothly with no misfire or anything amis as far as i can tell. I`ve been told by a local garage that it`s the throttle body & sensor playing up, & i`ve been quoted about £350 to put it right.
Secondly i get a "rattle" from the top occasionally, it sounds a bit like a cam, but i can go two or three days & it will be fine, then it comes back again, it increases / decreases with engine speed, once again a local garage has said its some sort of plastic adjuster it the cam assembly that are prone to cracking & leaking oil out. They said they can fit the new type which are now made of alliminiun (x 2 ) for a cost of £245.
Dose this sound about right ?

Sponsored Links
I suspect that those prices are within the ball-park for Jaguar, but it might be worth finding out from a Ford supplier as to whether the parts you are after replacing are interchangeable. The engine is a Ford Duratec V6, after all. Good luck. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back