Jaguar 23 Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my boiler had not been started for some time, it did however start up first time. It then cut out on F3 code (overheat). I realised that the pump had not been working, and I subsequently got this going. Since this time the boiler will not start, it goes through the start up process (fan operates and ignition spark operates) but boiler cuts out on code F1(no flame detected). Two fuses on PCB are ok and I dont know where to go next. Any help would be greatly received. Thanks

Sponsored Links
silly question. but have to ask the obvious. but have you actaully got gas at the meter. e.g card meter. the landis & gyr meters can still be a pain even when gas card is inserted.

overheat stat needs resetting. Its in the Combustion Chamber so technically you should get an RGI to attend. sorry.

I seem to remember that some are and ( later ones? ) some are outside.

Later today I will be going to one and will see where that one is.

Tony

Sponsored Links
thanks to all who have responded. Yes there's gas at the boiler. Is the reset for the overheat the small red 'button' situated on the overheat unit? I've pushed it and pulled it and F3 no longer comes up on the display. Can the overheat be shorted out to prove it? Is it a normally closed contact. Could it have 'blown' another component, as I said before, the two fuses I can see on the PCB are ok. So many questions. Is there a wiring diagram available anywhere, it seems like the gas valve is being prevented from opening. Again thanks, in anticipation of any help I receive.

the stat is up to the left of the combustion chamber, positioned on a flattened piece of pipe. I feel that the stat must be ok as the boiler is not showing the F3 overheat code. There's a small wiring diagram on the electrical part of the gas valve assembly which shows a fuse. I was wondering if this is another fuse, not one of the two visible on the PCB.

your wrong about the other heat stat and the F3, but I'm not going to give any more advice as I think you've already gone beyond the realms of diy, get an RGI in.

DIYers should never open the combustion chamber!

was hoping to save myself the price of a plumber coming out for 5mins and charging the earth to reset a button. you say I'm wrong about the F3, was hoping to get advice as to whether the F3 code would still be present if the stat had not been reset. I would have thought that if the overheat stat was still in fault position then the boiler would not go through the start up routine. As I stated, the boiler tries to start up with both fan and ignition operating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back