F1 CODE PROBLEM JAGUAR BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I have problem with a F1 code on jaguar boiler, a engineer came and change the gas valve but still not working, everything else looks clean even the water inside, even change the sensor but still F1 code keep showing up. The reset button don't help either. Can anybody help anyone had the same problem .

Sponsored Links
I do hope you are not paying for the new gas valve which was not required to repair the boiler!

Last edited:
hi I have problem with a F1 code on jaguar boiler, a engineer came and change the gas valve but still not working, everything else looks clean even the water inside, even change the sensor but still F1 code keep showing up. The reset button don't help either. Can anybody help anyone had the same problem .
This was not the best boiler on the market, only lasted a couple of years, parts still available Did your guy try the other reset button (Cant tell you where it is) involves removing boiler case but your gas guy should know.

Sponsored Links
I have to say that of the budget boilers, I have found the Jaguar to be one of the most reliable. They can last as long as any other boiler.

Of course that is after ignoring all the problems caused by dirt in the system. Cheap boiler are always fitted cheaply without cleaning the system. I charged about 160% of the cost of that boiler to fit them!

I don't remember ever dealing with any fault occurring within the boiler.

Interesting point about the reset. It is not at all obvious and could easily have been missed!

Well I have never fitted a cheap boiler because I charge a lot more than a cheap boiler costs and that is always too much for the enquirer.

People who buy cheap boilers always expect to have them fitted cheaply.

Practically that means to fit it for £300 or less. No one doing it at that price is going to power flush the system. Even a proper cleanser and inhibitor cost about £30.

Tony

I have to say that of the budget boilers, I have found the Jaguar to be one of the most reliable. They can last as long as any other boiler.

Of course that is after ignoring all the problems caused by dirt in the system. Cheap boiler are always fitted cheaply without cleaning the system. I charged about 160% of the cost of that boiler to fit them!

I don't remember ever dealing with any fault occurring within the boiler.

Interesting point about the reset. It is not at all obvious and could easily have been missed!
Glow worm had a thing about fitting this second overheat reset hidden in the boiler, done it on a few models but didn't tell anyone about it,

I have to thank them for fitting it. Gives me a few jobs!

But also makes me wonder if the design has some over heating problem which they feel a need to protect against.

Or perhaps just because cheap boilers are fitted on dirty systems causing them to overheat. Many boilers are not well protected against a lack of circulation.

I have to thank them for fitting it. Gives me a few jobs!

But also makes me wonder if the design has some over heating problem which they feel a need to protect against.

Or perhaps just because cheap boilers are fitted on dirty systems causing them to overheat. Many boilers are not well protected against a lack of circulation.
When these Jaguar boilers came out think it was G/Worms 1st attempt at a condensing unit,(Still got the toy Jaguar given free with the boiler) fitted a few of these around the Ascot area & had problems with PCBs & the rubbish Time control they fitted, Dirty systems in Berkshire was a nightmare mainly due to the poor water (Hard) & had to P/Flush every install, since moving back to the west country (13 years) just a chemical flush with Meg filter is good enough, & as long as filter is checked & Inhibitor strength kept toped up systems work fine, But people wont always pay the extra cost of the filter & pricing is very completive in this area (Every man & his dog want to be Plumbers)

I don't remember seeing any Jaguar domestic size condensing boiler.

Just the non condensing 23kW and 27 kW models which were very simple and reliable ( if on a clean system ).

Reading and Ascot areas are very hard water however the only problems to combis that I have visited have still all been when there is another fault causing a problem. Dripping hot taps being the most common!

One took a little while to diagnose and was caused by a leaking mixer basin tap allowing a small flow from the hot side when the toilet was flushed!

I don't remember seeing any Jaguar domestic size condensing boiler.

Just the non condensing 23kW and 27 kW models which were very simple and reliable ( if on a clean system ).

Reading and Ascot areas are very hard water however the only problems to combis that I have visited have still all been when there is another fault causing a problem. Dripping hot taps being the most common!

One took a little while to diagnose and was caused by a leaking mixer basin tap allowing a small flow from the hot side when the toilet was flushed!
Sorry my mistake, getting it mixed up with Baxi ! But not seen a Jaguar boiler for years, not come across one in this area (13 years) these boilers must be over 15 years now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back