Jaguar 28 intermittent problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have a Jaguar 28 boiler which is giving an intermittent problem.

Sometimes it will not fire up and provide hot water or heating. Often it does not show a fault code during this period.

However when I completely switch off the power to it and then switch the supply back on, after it has done its pre-check then it shows F1 which I understand is no flame detected.

If at this point I press the reset button and then go and run the hot water all will be fine until the next time it gets to "sulking" again.

I arranged for an engineer to call and of course the boiler behaved impeccably (as I just knew it would) with no indication of a fault whatsoever.

The next day it was up to its old tricks. Any ideas welcomed, please.

Sponsored Links
The most common cause of F1 faults on this model is a wrongly set up gas valve! Thats assuming its correctly installed !

Unfortunately few engineers seem to know how to set or adjust them.

Its only a cheap and simple boiler but they really are very reliable !

Tony

How does the hot water perform? if it seems ok, try turning the temp down to 40 on the display. Then run the tap and see if it maintains a steady "warm" temp.

Sponsored Links
probably the Ignition box on the gas valve or the minimum burner pressures too low.

Had an F1 on a jaguar few days ago which was the overheat stat had tripped but needs resseting in the combustion box to get the boiler working again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back