Jaguar Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need some real help.

My gas jaguar boiler is a pain.. and today when i came to put the hot water tap on to do some washing up my boiler would not kick up.

So i thought that it must be something wrong with the spark.. so i put central heading on and this was fine.. kicked up all ok...

so i retryed the tap and there was a little hot water, but the boiler still would not kick up to heat it, and the water went cold again.

They only thing that has changed was we put a new radiator in the bathroom and the pressure keeps dropping in it, so we have to keep filling it back up every day.. so i bled the system today, hoping it will retain it.

BG will be coming out on monday.. but there there anything i can do at all to fix it before?? i have dirty plates

thanks everyone

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a flow switch or diaphragm, what ever these have.

Nothing really that a damsel in distress would probably want to attempt :(

I can only suggest boiling a kettle for the dishes till Monday :cry: or eating out:cool:

Jaguars use a differential valve which is the same as vokera maxins so a maxin service kit is what you will need

They only thing that has changed was we put a new radiator in the bathroom and the pressure keeps dropping in it, so we have to keep filling it back up every day.. so i bled the system today, hoping it will retain it.

BG will be coming out on monday.. but there there anything i can do at all to fix it before?? i have dirty plates

thanks everyone

You have got 3 problems.

1 Chances are the filling up has added limescale and oxygen which has damaged your diverter. You need to repair the leak first

2. once the pressure stays okay, you can safely replace or repair the diverter without having to pay for it again.

3 you need to buy more tea and coffee as it is unlikely bg will sort out all the problems in just one or two visits

Sponsored Links
3 you need to buy more tea and coffee as it is unlikely bg will sort out all the problems in just one or two visits

its also unlikely he knows what hes talking about

lol

Ah well he can come as many times as he likes as long as he fixs it.. and seeing as i have the best cover possible it should not cost me that much.. unless its total buggered!!

its also unlikely he knows what hes talking about

i meant bengasman, not the BG guy who may or may not know depending who he is. :LOL:

of course i talk ****, i'm a plumber, what do you expect? :D

many apologies, i wasnt aware of your qualifications, it makes perfect sense now :LOL:

woop

BG came today.. and guess what they fixed it straight away! they replaced a DH pressure switch membrane thing.. and then put some air in the overflow.. and all my problems have been solved in one!!

woop

thanks for your help guys :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back