Jaguar combi boiler - no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Jaguar boiler (24 KTVJ - on inside of cover) stopped giving hot water but the heating worked sometimes. I looked up and people suggested it was the diaphram in the diverter valve. when the engineer opened it up it was indeed torn. when we replaced it we realised it was the same valve used in the biasi boilers. it cost £6.50 and took 5 minutes to change. the valve is at the back, bottom, left hand. all water must be switched off. the diaphram is a round rubber plate about 10cm in diameter and sits in the golden round valve. you have to disconect the water connections to the valve and unscrew it out. once it in your hands, take all the screws of the valve and use a screw driver to open the valve in half. the torn diaphram will be in the middle. replace it and put everything back in place and job done. remember to restart the boiler by the main switch.

furthermore, these boilers are really rare and are i think made by Protherm. I have not heard of either before this.

Sponsored Links
What are you going on about? are you telling us or asking us ? Unless you are a CORGI fitter you should'nt touch ITS AGAINST THE LAW :evil: :evil:

I appreciate your welcome and politeness to a new person on your forum. The engineer was a corgi engineer and one reason for my posting the details was because another engineer charged £150 for the same job. In the past I have extracted information from these forums without giving anything back when things have worked out. I will refrain from giving any further info in the future. Thanks

What are you going on about? are you telling us or asking us ? Unless you are a CORGI fitter you should'nt touch ITS AGAINST THE LAW
What law??

Sponsored Links
The gas regulations which is Law and state that ano one can work on a gas appliance without being CORGI registered :rolleyes:

The gas regulations which is Law and state that ano one can work on a gas appliance without being CORGI registered
Suggest you read them again and then post details of the one where it actually says this.

Yes I am CORGI registered and studdied the regulations in detail but nowhere will you find is states a householder is not permitted to work on his own appliances. There is a clue here in the first word of the first post 'My '.

Just to be pedantic the regulations also do not actually SAY that anyone has to be CORGI registered! They actually say that a person who is employed to carry out 'work' on a gas fitting needs to be of 'a class of person...etc' no mention of the word CORGI!

I appreciate your welcome and politeness to a new person on your forum. The engineer was a corgi engineer and one reason for my posting the details was because another engineer charged £150 for the same job. In the past I have extracted information from these forums without giving anything back when things have worked out. I will refrain from giving any further info in the future. Thanks

How can anyone have charged you £150 for the same job ?

The job can only have been done once!

Most of the cost for a professional to attend a property arises from the travelling time involved. In London that is usually considerable. We charge £106 to come and diagnose the fault and to repair the diverter valve and that includes a service check.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back