Biasi 24S Combi Boiler Diaphragm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

After reading various posts I just fitted a new DHW diaphragm to my boiler which works great to switch on the hot water - the old one was torn. Thanks everyone for advice!

While looking around inside the boiler I also found a different diaphram - pictures attached. I thought it was also looking worn out, although not torn as yet.

//media.diynot.com/140000_139194_20641_72935608_thumb.jpg
//media.diynot.com/140000_139194_20642_77551591_thumb.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this one is? Is it the CH diaphram? If it is the CH diaphragm, then why does it look different from the pictures I've seen of other CH diaphrams for the Biasi boiler.

Is it worth replacing this one that I have?

Thanks for any suggestions, P.

Sponsored Links
There is the DHW diaphragm which is about 80 mm diameter.

Then there is the primary flow diaphragm which is about 40 mm across.

Are you sure that you know what you are doing opening all these parts?

Tony

Tony - thanks very much for replying!

The DHW diaphragm I replaced succesfully. I was having the problem of CH working ok, but needing to run the HW taps for ages to get the water to heat up - as suspected, from reading your previous entries, it was the DHW diaphragm that was torn.

While replacing the DHW diaphragm I initially opened up the wrong piece to replace the diaphragm. I took a photo of the diaphragm that I took out for you to see on the first post.

I put it back no problem and the boiler works fine now.

But I was wondering if this is a diaphragm that I should think about replacing anyway, since it was looking a little worn out.

What do you think?

Thanks again, P.

Sponsored Links
I have never needed to replace the primary flow diaphragm on this type of boiler.

If there is no fault then dont try to fix anything!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back