jammed multipoint upvc door - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I need help!
My UPVC front door is stuck in the locked postion. I think its likely to be a faulty Eurocylinder, as mine will move back and forth about 5mm. My local glazing company are being rubbish about getting out to fix it. I know its easy to fit a new one, but obviously I cant do it without the door being open. I reckon maybe I can force the hooks back from the inside with a flat blade, but that still wont open the deadbolt. I guess I can drill the lock out - but how?? I dont want to knacker my door completely. Any ideas?

Cheers

Dave

Sponsored Links
Does the Euro cylinder lock/unlock ?. Is there any movement in the handles up/down ?.

I wouldn't advise forcing the door, or drilling the cylinder - you will do more damage if not done before.

Call a locksmith out - it will work out cheaper. I always recommend getting a couple of quotes, don't use the big call centres (big full page adverts, or multiple local numbers, or address no where near the coverage area), don't pay a callout, and get a fixed price if possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back