JB or Crimp?

T

timmyquick

I myself in the past always used JB for connecting electrical wire but as this does not seem to be the accepted method any more im thinking of crimping instead. I understand that you need a rachet crimp tool but what about all these crimps you can buy from B&Q or electrical stores, how do you know that they are correctly rated for your purpose. As if you buy a JB it will clearly state 30amp and so on, but as the link below shows there is noting to say what rating it is. Would it be suitable for extending a ring? as they are 2.5mm. Also if i were to just nip down a local shed say B&Q do they have the same code? i.e blue for 2.5mm and so on.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CTBUTTslashB.html

These crimp connectors don't look beefy enough to me to take a full load say on a ring.

Sponsored Links
sorry for link not working, really need to learn some basic IT skills

Don't apologise - it's not your fault - someone at DIYnot has decided to start autocensoring TLC URLs.

But now they've fixed it, which is good news. TLC's prices may not be the keenest around, but their website is very useful.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you were quite right ban-all-sheds, it has been auto-censored, however, it has been censored incorrectly. It was not my intention to censor tlc-direct, but to sensor another persistent advertiser, who keeps blatantly advertising, and their site also ended -direct.co.uk, so the censor software censored more that I anticipated.

Sorry about that :oops:

As you have probably seen I have removed that now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back