Jeff the Gasman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Jeff - who are you going to listen to on the radio next week?

Can't believe the Beeb - ignore a paedo for 30 odd years, then sack a good guy for being honest.

Sponsored Links
The BBC have made some very bad decisions over the last 10 years:-

Closing and selling TV Centre.

Sacking Jeremy Clarkson whose program sales netted the BBC £150M per annum.

Sacking Tony Blackburn for reasons that are unclear in the public domain and unclear to him too. He was on R4 this morning. The BBC expect a legal case over it.

His first wife used to come to some of my parties.

Sacking Jeremy Clarkson

Opinions differ.

Some would think it wrong to retain a person who bullies, racially abuses and assaults employees. Unlike the Yewtree mob, so many people have mobile phones with cameras that evidence of unacceptable behaviour is harder to hide these days. Some would ask how many pounds of revenue are enough to justify sweeping it under the carpet.

reasons that are unclear
Is it unclear that the investigator found contemporaneous notes from two people who questioned him about a notorious abuse case; and that he denied having been questioned?

We can see now that more people should have been investigated, and sacked, and prosecuted, in the past.

Last edited:
The BBC have made some very bad decisions over the last 10 years:-

Closing and selling TV Centre.

Sacking Jeremy Clarkson whose program sales netted the BBC £150M per annum.

Sacking Tony Blackburn for reasons that are unclear in the public domain and unclear to him too. He was on R4 this morning. The BBC expect a legal case over it.

His first wife used to come to some of my parties.

Oh yeah Tony, please share. Was it car keys in the fruit bowl sort of party eh eh??!!!
You just need to look as most of these TV & Radio 'personalities' to know you wouldn't let them Babysit your dog, let alone let them anywhere near your kids!!!

Sponsored Links
If you believe what you read on Google, John Peel and Alan Freeman were lucky to kick the bucket before all this came to light. Yet no senior managers had any idea what was going on...... In the case of TB , is it possible the "contemporaneous" notes were made up? Why single out poor old TB for questioning while all the others were at it? The BBC is rotten beyond repair IMO.

... Why single out poor old TB for questioning...
What makes you think he was singled out? From what I hear, the questioning many years ago was something like:
"did you molest this 15-year-old?"
"No I didn't, she's making it up"
"That's OK then, goodbye"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35677063

Interestingly, the report last week did not name him because he had been given confidentiality, but he chose to publicise himself. The report was trying to establish what had been going on, and what needed to be done, it was not trying to establish guilt or innocence of TB.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35657868
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/dame_janet_smith

AFAIK the institution did not behave as badly as, for example, the Catholic church, when Bishops were aware of allegations and used to move perpetrators to new parishes where they could start again with a fresh crop of unsuspecting victims, and were instructed, as a matter of policy, to hush up crimes and not to report them to the police, by a man who later became Pope (and has since resigned).

Last edited:
I seem to recall an article about TB where he was boasting about how many women he had bedded.
I quite agree the Catholic church cover up is far worse but I didn't want to get started on that one.

That TB story was repeated in the Mail last Saturday - but Tony claims all were over the legal age. He's a nice guy, I believe him.

Still like to know what Jeff the Gasman is listening to now. Must be like a lost sheep at the moment.

I seem to recall an article about TB where he was boasting about how many women he had bedded.
I quite agree the Catholic church cover up is far worse but I didn't want to get started on that one.
Oh please can we get started on that too!!

Love the idea that his first wife partied with Tony...please post all the pics asap or even better, the vhs tapes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back