Jelly in my LHP16 Carb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following poor starting and running I decided to strip down the LHP16 carb on my Sovereign
Mower. On removing the float chamber was amazed to find the cup contained quite a lot of a jelly-like concoction in the bottom of the bowl. The mower is about 5 years old and had been well
looked after, would appreciate to know what this is, and how to avoid it in future!

Sponsored Links
Old petrol gone off after winter storage, possibly built up over the 5 years you have owned it. Only way to avoid it, as far as I know, is to drain it down at the end of every season. Apparently, it's all to do with the additives the oil companies put in petrol these days, so I'm told but not sure I buy it.:confused:

That sounds about right, but I have to say I don't find my fuel goes off after a year.
However, Briggs and Stratton do a fuel stabiliser additive, or you can buy Aspen fuel (£20 / 5ltr) which lasts for 4 years in the can....benzine and ethanol free.
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back