'Jeremy to tax robots'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what the one in the pic is selling for.

What do you think it costs?
Roughly about £47 to buy,,,,, probably at least a quarter of that price to produce.

(but then you will need a processor and memory as a minimum, otherwise it's just not gonna do anything at all)

Sponsored Links

I've been out of the industry for a few years, but a populated mobo minus cpu & memory will cost approx $5. The majority of the cost being licence fee's.

The Co' I worked for introduced the first sub £500 PC to the UK (& a right bag of ****e it was). It left the contract assemblers factory in Greece at a cost of £180 !

No need to get upset and become insulting :):):)
Still "sticking up" for Way-Har-Bee, I see....... Does he excite you in some sexual way ?
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
If you talk like a clown, walk like a clown, don't be surprised if someone addresses you as, "hey, clown!"
:rolleyes:

If you want to think a pcb is a computer, then thats fine with me

If it makes you happier, Ill agree with you.
Im just typing this on my printed circuit board :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
For the umpteenth time, a PCB may not be a computer, as in an animal may not be a horse, but a computer is basically a PCB or several PCBs, as in a horse is an animal.

Suppose we have computer controlled traffic lights. You cannot write a letter on the 'computer'. You cannot play tic tac toe on it.
But you can programme the set of traffic lights for timing, depending on day/time/traffic density, or you can set it to 'vehicle detection' mode during very quiet times. Or, with a bus lane, you might set the 'bus detection' active during busy times.
They are computer controlled, but there is no laptop/desktop/mainframe in sight. just a PCB with a microprocessor, and basic input/output devices.

Suppose we have a computer controlled production line, you cannot write a letter on the computer, you cannot play tic tac toe on it. It will be basically a PCB, or several PCBs with a processor, input/output devices, etc.

A processor is basically a miniature PCB.

Sponsored Links

in the absence of a sensible reply:

the one in the picture is on sale at £19.20 inc VAT

it may not be a very good one.

"Motherboard and Backplate Only, Manufacturer Repaired.

Warranty - 90 Days"

in the absence of a sensible reply:

the one in the picture is on sale at £19.20 inc VAT

it may not be a very good one.

"Motherboard and Backplate Only, Manufacturer Repaired.

Warranty - 90 Days"
Ahh, you didn't say it was second bloody hand.

the retailer has a batch of them. What do you think is the "new" list price?

Do you think it is a PCB?

It looks to me like a micro ATX format motherboard with an intel 1151 socket.

But its only a printed circuit board with parts mounted ready to build a pc. Its got no memory, no chip, no input facility no display.

But somebody on here would be quite happy to buy one as he considers it is a computer. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I have no idea of the "new" price as it's getting on a bit now. It's a motherboard. It is computer technology (as opposed to a radio, which contains PCB's, but is not computer technology)

But somebody on here would be quite happy to buy one as he considers it is a computer. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
You are persistently misquoting me. It is what you do! It is what makes you what you are! It is what makes you a buffoon! Like roger, making silly allegations because he has no logical argument! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I have consistently stated that a PCB may not be a computer, it could be a radio, a heating controller, etc. But a computer is basically a PCB, or several PCBs.
So I would not buy a PCB, thinking it is a computer! I may buy a PCB, if I knew exactly what it is designed to be, and if I wanted one!
As in, I would not buy an animal thinking it was a horse. I may buy the animal if I knew it was a horse, and if I wanted a horse!

Buy you being you, you will continue to misquote people, It is what makes you the buffoon that you are! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

... It's a motherboard. It is computer technology (as opposed to a radio, which contains PCB's, but is not computer technology)
A motherboard is a PCB! :rolleyes:
Perhaps judith would like to explain the difference between a PCB that is destined to be "computer technology", and a PCB that is designed to go into a washing machine/heating controller/traffic light controller, etc? :rolleyes:

Listen up way har beee

A PCB is a Printed Circuit Board . PCB's are in all types of house hold goods / equipment . TV's , DVD players and washing machine's (;)) none of these items are computers. Tis very simple.

It beggars belief that u fail to under stand this simplistic concept ?? Its hardly rocket science is it ????? :)

.... PCB's are in all types of house hold goods / equipment . TV's , DVD players and washing machine's (;)) none of these items are computers. Tis very simple.
Perhaps **** end would like to have a go at explaining the difference between a PCB that is destined to be "computer technology", and a PCB that is designed to go into a washing machine/heating controller/traffic light controller, etc? :rolleyes:

TBH I recall a good while back , when way har bee used to post as Himagain , exactly the same subject came up (??)

some thing about the definition of a computer & what a PCB is , it was explained to him several times but tbh it all fell on deaf ears.

One can but only try I say :) patience with the bloke that is what is required ;)

Eventually the message may get home. must admit I do feel sorry for his m**********

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back