JG Speedfit - Can You Shorten A Speedfit Flexihose?

I've updated my post above with some more images, showing the setup.

Thanks to the helpful previous post, I determined that my main supply tap was not fully open and that does seem to have reduced the problem fairly significantly, although not completely eliminated it.

I'm going to try and see if a straight coupler on the hot supply reduces the strain on the pipes.

However, I would welcome suggestions in the interim as to how I might be able to support my supply pipes, bearing in mind that they are 22mm and quite far away from the wall. Also I don't want to get into cutting them and putting them back together. All of this leaves my options fairly limited as far as traditional clips are concerned. I was wondering if anyone knows of any pipe supports that can be mounted on the floor as opposed to the wall (ie: similar to how a bath is supported via adjustable bolts)?

PS - if people feel that this pipe vibration/how to support the pipes problem would get more attention as a new topic, please feel free to say so and I will create a new topic!

Sponsored Links
Gave up on the straight coupler, flexihose too short. Found another annoying problem, which is contributing to the pipes moving, so going to post a new topic to see if I can get some help with it. This thread can die now

Google saddle clips....You can fix these over the pipes with the pipes in place.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back