JG Speedfit - temperature question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just installed some pushfit plumbing in my home and some of the fittings state do not exceed 65 degrees.

This shouldn't be a problem but I know that occasionally my water can get hotter than this if I have an open fire burning in my house as there is a back boiler in it which also heats the water - but I cant control how hot this gets.

What happens when these fittings have water hotter than 65 degrees run through them?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The Speedfit catalogue states the usual working temperature for CH is 82°C. It goes on to state for CH "Maximum working temperature, °C; 105 short term, malfunction ar 114"

When you say fittings, I take it you don't mean the Tees, Elbows, Couplings etc. but are referring to isolating valves etc that shouldn't be used on Central Heating installs.

They are quite often a different colour to the other fittings and quite clearly state in their literature not for use on CH systems

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back