Jigsaw fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, sorry if its not the right place to post but here it goes, i recently bought a challange jigsaw, with pendulum action, bevel cutting and all that, it was cheap but it is better than an old bosch one i had, the only problem is i cant find a rip fence for it and could really do with one.
anyone got any ideas ideas?
is there a universal fence that can be bought?

any help will be hugeley appreciated :)

tom

Sponsored Links
Ive never got on with using a jigsaw against a fence, starts off okay, but the blade seems to wander after a while.
Seemed to do it on all jigsaws i have used.

yep as hitch says forget about a fence you need to watch the the blade move the body till the blade is following the line this can often be several degrees ;)

thanks guys, i will leave it and just try to learn how to cut lines nice and straight :)

Sponsored Links
Agreed I've not found a jigsaw that will work with a fence very well . Best one I ever used was an old black and decker that ran truer than the boschs, dewalts , makitas and metabos I've also used. :rolleyes: However , if your saw runs true and you need a fence you may be able to fashion one out of a piece of scrap steel, they all seem to be made from something like 12mm x 3mm section, or, try ebay or freecycle or of course there's the old favourite of simply clamping a strip of timber onto the workpiece and running the saw against it.

Go very slow with a fresh blade, for accurate cutting. Some blades are better than others.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back