John Cleese criticised for saying London is 'no longer an English city'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oops there's me thinking im relaxing when i must of accidentally switched my prescription with B-A-S :D

This makes my p1$$ boil. Here we go again, pointing out the truth and he's branded a racist etc.

There are parts of London that have changed completely, ive witnessed it myself.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48451384

London Mayor Sadiq Khan has criticised John Cleese after the Fawlty Towers legend said the capital was "not really an English city any more".

The former Monty Python star tweeted: "Virtually all my friends from abroad have confirmed my observation. So there must be some truth in it..." - No of course they are all racists also they must be. :rolleyes:

And before you LWW's and your over zealous neo nazi radars overheat and start microwaving the puddle you've created on the floor...

Read this shocker too, another RACIST rant here too, both factual? Whats the difference they must both be equally bad surely?

https://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-blogs/when-the-expats-come-and-takeover/

Sponsored Links
No i think he made a comment and its been taken out of context, my point being.

Imagine the 2nd link flipped people commenting how parts of UK have been affected by 'expats'.

Sponsored Links
When surveys are done around the country asking who is for and who is against immigration; London has a majority that is for immigration.

That's because London has an immigrant majority.

When surveys are done around the country asking who is for and who is against immigration
You mean - when they asked immigrants if they were for or against immigration, a lot of them were for?

Gosh, that is a surprise (titter).
:mrgreen:

Cleese is from Weston-super-Mare. That still wouldn't seem too bad to him, I suspect.

The second link is by an immigrant (ex-pat; silly term), lamenting that they have changed the very reason they went to the places in the first place.

However, she(?) writes:
"Yes, expats in Bangkok have driven up prices in some places, but the whole city of 12 million people hasn’t been fundamentally changed. In Taipei, life went on as if the expats didn’t exist. A few thousand people can’t change cities of millions. I can’t say the same for these small towns. They are definitely different. They are forever changed".

Neither of her obsevations applies to London.

Depends what your idea of an English city is, Lancaster maybe, or Coventry or Truro, all different, all changed since the 60s when Cleese was starting out, strange thing to say IMHO

Maybe the locals in Nevis think the same thing about the changing nature of the Caribbean since Fawlty moved there?

You mean Cleese moving to Nevis the tax dodgers paradise in the Carribean opines about Englishness.

So London should be more like Sunderland? :LOL:

Like Sean Connery does regarding Scottish independence, while residing in the Bahamas for tax purposes.
And so it goes on......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back