John Guest fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the John Guest products and watching the video, they do layflat plastic water pipe which make it easier to feed under the floorboards or through joists. According to http://www.bhl.co.uk live chat, it's only suitable for underfloor heating :confused: I'm going to fit a water softener and I want to by-pass so the hard water is on the kitchen tap and outside garden tap only, would be easier if I can use the layflat pipe type under the floorboards. Have got the MDPE Blue Waterpipe 20mm which need a Tee pipe - 20 x 15 x 20mm. What plastic flex water pipe I can use and connect a Tee piece to MDPE 20mm blue pipe?

The reason for the hard water to garden is that some plants don't like soft water and also cannot use soften water in hot tub

Sponsored Links
Maybe im missing something but why not just use standard barrier pipe, 15mm isn't all that hard to work with even off 150m coils.

Speedfit do PEX (Cross-linked Polyethylene) and PB (Polybutylene) barrier pipes.
For some manufacturers PB is standard because that's all they do.
Speedfit's PB has less 'memory' than PEX, therefore lays better, not trying to spring back into a coil.

Sponsored Links
Maybe im missing something but why not just use standard barrier pipe, 15mm isn't all that hard to work with even off 150m coils.
Dunno, thinking might not be too flexible under floorboards :?:

Would I get away with using 10mm water pipe approximately 15m run just for kitchen cold feed tap and garden hose :?:

Dunno, thinking might not be too flexible under floorboards :?:

It's flexible enough to work with.

10mm will work but will really drop the flow rate down and dosen't seem like a worthwhile comprimise as it will only make the job marginally easier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back