Johny Cash the murderer

Sponsored Links
Music is all about heart, hurt and life. johnny Cash (especially on American IV) had these is bucket loads. His cover of Nine Inch Nails' Hurt surpasses the original by far because he brings so much more pain to it. If you listen to it loud on a good sound system you can feel sadness within that song.

Its the package you get I think, Shaun Ryder, with huge cult followings.

EDITED Snico - not altered - helps to focus on my comment...

Shaun Ryder's lyricism is second to none. Pete Doherty's lyrics are quite clever, but not a patch on Shaun - Both artists are abstract in their lyrics, as are many other others. Both artists were junkie scum too.

Shaun Ryder (when he reformed in Black Grape) produced the best album the 90's had ever seen IMO. Its still played at least once a week in my house becuase of how clever it is. Plan B seems to me to have the same lyrical approach at the moment. I like the cut of his jib.

I can understand that most people on here won't agree, but its just my opinion.

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
Its the package you get I think, Shaun Ryder, with huge cult followings.

EDITED Snico - not altered - helps to focus on my comment...

Shaun Ryder's lyricism is second to none. Pete Doherty's lyrics are quite clever, but not a patch on Shaun - Both artists are abstract in their lyrics, as are many other others. Both artists were junkie scum too.

Shaun Ryder (when he reformed in Black Grape) produced the best album the 90's had ever seen IMO. Its still played at least once a week in my house becuase of how clever it is. Plan B seems to me to have the same lyrical approach at the moment. I like the cut of his jib.

I can understand that most people on here won't agree, but its just my opinion.

Mr. W.

I agree with what you are saying yes....I just meant vocally. Pills n Thrills was an outstanding album was some amazing lyrics.

Not sure why Black Grape never continued for longer, could have been better than the Happy Mondays!

Back