Join new extension roof too next doors roof help..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
equire some advice please,

Had extension built and roof was meant too match into next doors pitch roof, as far as i can tell, brickies have done as asked from plans etc, but come too put roof on and pitch is completely different too next doors... (I can attach photo if someone can explain how?)

Question is, how can i carry on with roof and make sure that it's sealed into next doors....?>

Thanks in advance...

Steve.

Sponsored Links
I can't understand how the roofs don't match when you are building it, but when there is a discrepancy like that lead will usually form a seal.

If the wall plate is the same height, and in the same place on the wall, and the rafters are the same depth, then the pitch must be the same.

Its common though with extensions, for one of the above to be different, and so something needs to be adjusted to get the rafter top level with the existing

A wider cavity in the new build usually means having to set the wall plate higher than existing though this is often countered partly by having to use mebbe deeper rafters.

This in turn is reverted back by using say pre-formed trusses instead of a cut roof.

Regardless, there is no need for the new roof to be out of plane with existing provided the external wall measurements do not differ. Just needs a bit of thought.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back