Joining conservatory water to existing house downpipe

I'd hazard a guess the property would be too modern to have combined drainage, so there should be a seperate surface water drain somewhere. Where it runs underground from the downpipe is impossible to tell from the photo, it could still run to the rear.

Could you post a photo from further away showing the butt, door, downpipe etc in one pic so we can see where they are in relation to each other?

Sponsored Links
Hello,

Just thought I'd pop back on to say I've been out of action for a couple of weeks (seem to have developed piriformis syndrome and it's been (and still is to be honest) bloody hell!). Anyway, I'm now going with the additional pipe along the side of the house, to join up to the existing house downpipe. I don't intend to always let the water run out this way, but it will certainly be nice not to HAVE to always empty it. And, we are not getting the huge water but either, now! We are keeping the existing 210 litre one, and will just use the water butt pump I've bought to empty it as and when we like. I think it's the best all around solution, and am thankful to everyone for their advice which has helped me get to this decision. I am pretty happy about getting the piping from the water butt, attached to the wall and down (I assume as steep as possible at the start to get a good flow going) and then securely fixed to the side wall running along the the existing downpipe. This is where I am not 100%. I assume that I just need to cut a hole on the existing downpipe to match the new pipe that can then just be slotted into it? Not sure what sort of sealant etc to use, though. Again, any advice and suggestions would be very good! (even on the back problem!) Thanks once again.

Duncan

:)

oh, the piping I have gone for is 50mm, which may seem a bit large, but I thought it best to err on the side of caution....

it was mentioned earlier to connect a hose to the water but tap in this post, would gravity just let the water run as long as the hose is lower than the tap you could just empty it into a drain? or would this not work

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back